Monday, June 24, 2013

Trying to stay calm

I have been blessed to work at my church's summer program with kids this year. Lately I have been feeling extremely down and exhausted. I feel like I'm not experienced enough to take care of them and I just want to give up. I think in those times I often forget to depend on God. I think in those times, I truly I have to humble myself to understand that God is my source of strength. 

I really enjoy those moments when these kids are so calm, all they want to do is talk to you. That makes me smile so much because I feel like I am doing something in these kid's lives. 



But there are times when they are CRAZY. I have to raise my voice, something I really hate doing. These are the times when I feel like God is pushing me out of my comfort zone and to grow as a person. 

Five more weeks with these kiddos, hopefully I'll make it out alive. With God, I'm pretty sure I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment